Friday, September 18, 2009

Web Design Class Hudson Library part 2

Today's Blog is going to be about what I have been working on in Web Design 2 for the Hudson Library project. So far I have designed a couple of pages for the Library with navigation that is easy for any age bracket. I changed the navigation by adding a toolbar at the top and a drop down menu so the viewer can select what they want. I also put a search button on the site of the main page so any time a person needs to search they can, I also changed the color scheme to a blue because that green on their pages was not a great color to look at. I also have been checking out other libraries pages, like the Solon Library, the Stow library, and the Akron Library. All three of these sites have pretty good navigation, better color schemes then the Hudson page, and you can look at the pages without starting to get frustrated because you have no idea where a tab or icon is for what you are searching for. I know Wednesday we are suppose to go to Hudson and go to the library and I wanted to know if we are going to meet the person who designs this webpage because maybe they could hire some interns to help them get their site looking more on par, nothing against the library or the person designing it but it would be better for the viewers viewing it. I have not really found any good webpage design books to be inspired by so if anyone knows of one to read to give me some more ideas about this project I am game. I also am still working on getting my webpage uploaded to the Gozips. server but it is taking forever because of the internet speed letting me drag and drops files into our server. This is a little frustrating but sooner then later it will be on the web. This is all I have to write about so until next week with my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment