Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blog about my Iphone App

For todays blog I will be writing about the Iphone app I am designing in Photoshop. I am making multiple still images of an application for the Iphone that will allow the person to download an Art History Dictionary. The viewer will be able to select different time periods in art and then will be able to select if they want to read about the time period or if they want to see pictures of art related to that time period. There will be multiple pictures that the person can scroll through and click that will show a bigger picture, with text of who the artist was, time period, and origin of the work of art. The layout of the App will be different categories they could choose from or to use the "search artist" search tool at the bottom of the screen that will allow them to search for an artist or a specific time period. Some of my inspiration has come from an application for the Louvre in Paris, they have an application that lets the person read about the works of art or look at bigger pictures of the works. Mine will be different because I want to use more art then what they have in their museum, I want my App to be like a mobile Janson's art history book. This app will be very convenient for art students who would rather have an application on their phone then having the text, book. Maybe the person would want both and this would be a reference tool that they could check anywhere and not have to lug around a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment